- Please follow us on Instagram @mitzvahdayaustralia
- Evelyn Flitman (JECO) interviewed on J-Air 06-Nov-16
- Robyn Krawitz interviewed on J-Air by Gary Max 09-Nov-16
- JNF QLD Mitzvah Day Sunday 7 August 2016
- Do a Mitzvah on Pesach 2016
- Do a Mitzvah on Purim 2016
- The Menora Charity Fund Perth
- Mitzvah Day 2015 Ad on J-Air
- Help, for Goodness Sake – Article in Port Phillip and Caulfield Glen Eira Leader Newspapers
- Podcast of Judy Feiglin on J-Air Radio on 26/7/15
Category Archives: Mitzvah Day 2015
Going to Swap Meet to raise funds for the less fortunate in our community
Next in this edition of Abe’s Tikun Olam Hour, we interview Judy Feiglin, Melbourne Founder and Co-Ordinator of Mitzvah Day. Judy explains the history of the Day from the U.S., how one woman earned an OBE by bringing it to the U.K. – and how another woman, Judy Feiglin, brought it to Australia, now 5 years ago! Then there were 15 Mitzvah day projects, by last November, there were 70 projects – organisations, family groups and even individuals – like Abe who brought it to the Darebin Spiritual Healing Walk 2 years back, in honour of the Aboriginal elder, Uncle Reg Blow. Judy invited people to start thinking about which organisations they may want to partner with this year – Sunday 15th November.
In the spirit of “Good People” doing Mitzvot, Judy introduced her choice of song, Naomi Shemer – “Anashim Tovim” – and later invited all you “good people” to get involved in the 2015 Mitzvah Day by registering (or contacting her) on www.mitzvahday.org.au – and J-Air endorses any/all Mitzvah Day projects… and encourages you to promote your idea on Abe’s Tikun Olam Hour on a future Sunday night – be in touch!
Judy’s interview starts from 44.00 and continues till about 55.00 – https://soundcloud.com/jairradio/2015-07-26-21-00-00-j-air-log
j-air.com.au – under Podcast Tab scroll to “T” for “Tikun Olam”, where todays’ date 26-07-15 will bring up Episode 58 – “Tisha B’Av, $18 saves children’s lives, Mitzvah Day 15-11-15” where the interview starts with the Naomi Shemer song at about 9.41.15 timestamp.
A family day with many of my son’s kinder families joining in.