Thirteen adults, 2 school age children and 2 preschoolers met at Silverstream Reserve just outside of Christchurch and were greeted by a small group of regular volunteers. After a safety briefing and a discussion about our task, we set to work clearing around the young native plants which had been previously planted. Over morning tea we learnt more about the reserve. The regular volunteers were very excited to see so many people working to clear the area and have invited us to return during the winter months to help with planting more trees. Several people indicated that they would be interested in doing so.
Project 2 Donations to It Takes A Village - helping families by providing items that are needed for young children
Over the last few months members of the Canterbury Hebrew Congregation have donated items suitable for children up to the age of 5. We had a great response from the community. The organisation creates bundles of things specific to the person who has applied for assistance. The person we were in contact with was very grateful saying at this time of year especially, there were a very large number of people applying for help.
To send us your photos of your Project you can use one of two options:
1. Online (an easy way to send lots of photos)
- Click here to go to the website: WeTransfer
- Click “Add your Files” and pick the photos you want send
- Input your details:
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your email: Input your own email
- Message: Enter the name of the project or organisation
- Click “Transfer”
2. Email (if only sending a couple of photos)
- Email us your photos: email@example.com
- Please include the name of your group or organisation